Sunday, February 8, 2009

Leisure and pampering

Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Today started out much like yesterday: late breakfast (9:30), browse the internet (and finally update the blog), then into the pool for a swim. Weather's been a bit cold for the past couple of days, so the pool hasn't been the cool relief against tropical temperatures. The staff here say the windy weather is unusual for this time of year. But anyway, it's still nice to get into the pool.

After a late lunch (2:30), Juliette and I prepared for our day's treat: being pampered by a spa in Kuta. The Bali Ratu spa sent a car to pick us up from the hotel, take us back past the airport to Kuta, and then gave us a two hour pampering: foot bath, full body massage, steam baths, body scrubs, milk wash, and finished with a flower bath. The masseuses certainly knew their stuff, and at the end, we both felt well and truly relaxed.

(I think at one point I told Juliette I felt like a potato: scrubbed, steamed, seasoned, and mashed. But I meant it in a nice way.)

Afterwards, the van brought us back to the Keraton. We dropped a couple of things off at our room, then collected Felicity on the way to dinner. Just enough time to type this up before hitting the sack.

Tomorrow: the big day trip....

1 comment:

  1. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming
    having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

    I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% certain.

    Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

    Here is my web-site Saffron X

    ReplyDelete